Migraines & Headaches Community
help me

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

help me

hi my name is Peter. I have been dealing with having strong to severe migranes (migraines) for about a yr or so and they are really killing me. sometimes ill get a regular headache which i can control with either cold water on my head or tyenol (used to be advil or aleve but not anymore). but when i get a really strong headache to the point its a migrane (migraine), I get really bad pain in my neck and head areas. I try to take either Butal or an excedrin migrane (migraine) which usually works but sometimes I still feel the pain. I've tried using Tiger Balm which has worked on most of my headaches but the migranes (migraines) not so much. Some of these migraines usually lead to me throwing up or feeling an acid reflux attack coming on and I can barely get to sleep sometimes. I do take Maltox for the really bad migranes (migraines) and they work very well I must say. but im still concerned over this pain in my tummy and chest area due to the migraines. Can anyone help me with this problem because it's really pissing me off.

oh if anyone does ask, I did go for a CAT scan and they found nothing wrong. My neurologist said it may be a pinched nerve or something in my neck or one of the c-4 thingies (i forget actually what he said) that may be compressing on me. I dunno

any help would be appreciated
does the pain resolve at all when you lay down?  i have had the same type of thing for the last 9 years except no medication was helping except percocet (which i can't stand taking) and it's gotten to the point that the er had to give me dilaudid to get my pain under control because it has constantly gotten worse.  at first they thought that my spinal fluid pressure was too high (which would not resolve with laying down) diagnosing a condition called Pseudo tumor cerebri (false brain tumor) but i changed neurologists and now they are thinking i have a spinal fluid leak (due to either the spinal taps i had or head trauma such a whiplash from 3 different car accidents) these headaches resolve when lying down.  i also have had scans down (CT, MRI, MRA) which have all been normal.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The CT report described a pinched nerve as the cause of migraine. Please go for an MRI brain and get a proper treatment for the nerve compression.It could be a surgery for nerve decompression.I would suggest you to consult an ophthalmologist also.Hope this helps you .Take care and regards !
well i dont think surgery is needed. i went to the neurologist today and he said to keep on taking tyenol for the mild headaches and Maltox for the severe headaches. i dont have to go back to him unless its a real emergency.

but thanks for the help guys. ill try to look at those vids sometime soon
thanks for the videos. i learned a lot