how do you know what kind of headache you have
I have headaches all the time sometimes they make me sick.i am on meds for depression osteoporosis, thyroid and cholesterol.  I have pain pills for my back legs and my jaw.  could any  of this be a factor.  I stay so mixed up I don't know what to do.  the doc doesn't ever take me serious about my headaches., I am so tired of all this.
some drs never listen iam sick suffering with headaches i take migraines but they are getting worse and they are all the time , have the drs told you anything or done any test x
I went to the hospital with a virus.  the emergency room dr. ran a cat scan on me found dark spots on my lung liver and my chest where I had cancer surgery.  they ordered a MRI and said they thought is was a false positive.  they rechecked and everything was the same.  don't think anyone cares about my headache they are treating allmy other problems..  what kind of test you think I need,  I am so tired of these headaches they are every day.
Hi Mandy, Imitrex tablets have done wonders for my headaches/migraines. Fioricet didn't touch my pain but even if I take a half of an Imitrex tablet for the nasty headaches that aren't quite migraines yet, I feel so much better. I save a whole tablet or sometimes 2 tabs for the whopper migraines. Imitrex is in a class of medication known as sumatriptans and is not a narcotic. You definitely need insurance for it since it's expensive but the copays aren't bad at all.

Neurologists are specialist when it comes to headaches so you can tell your GP if that's who you still see that you want a referral to a neuro doc for your headaches. No sense feeling bad when there are lenty of medicatioons out there to try. Feel better.
thank you so much I have tried everything off the shelf I cant use aspirin.  hope is does not have aspirin in it.  I will call my doctor tomorrow.  thank you.  I will let you know. mandy876
don't you hate it when no one listens or thinks there is nothing wrong.  im 72 and everyone expects me to be 26.  im tired and don't or cant do all they think I can.  take care.  midijane said she got on imitrex and they helped her headaches.  you might try them or talk to the doc about them.  im checking it out tomorrow.  hope you get better and thank you for taking time out of your life to talk to me.  mandy876
I was also on Imitrex, it made me naseous for a few days but my neurologist swore by it. And it helped. I had full blown migrating every single day for almost 4 years. The one that finally broke the routine of doctors saying i just wanted meds, was the one where it placed me in the hospital. I was vomiting constantly at any light, or even the slightest noise would rack my entire body with pain. They immediately took my mri and told us they thought i had a brain tumor, well i didnt and they said i was having a really bad and prolonged case of "stress and tension migraines" i was going throu some depression and didn't "feel" stressed but my body did and i was on imitrex for about 3 years until i learned that it can cause birth defects.in children. So be careful.and demand testing. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find something that helps!!
Hey Mandy, how's the head today?
I have not gone to the doctor yet.  it was sleeting and snowing here when my appointment was made  cant go back until feb.. my friend says she is too tired in the morning.  I have had to skip my eye doc and my med doc.   they were really sweet about it.  I have to find me someone to help me get my groceries and my medicine 1time a month. I am so tired.  I just sleep hoping the day to pass by fast.  at night I can do what I want if just don't wake her up. I am going to get those pills I cant wait to get some relief.  thank you so much.   mandt876
thank you for caring.  my doctor want to see me before I get on anything.  I am on so many pills.  depression, anxiety, thyroid, cholesterol, now osteoporosis, pain pills and artritus pills.  feels like a walking pill.  he wants me to wait until it is time to go in for my mammogram and my bone density test.  thank you.  I have the name written down in my purse. mandy876
Best wishes Mandy. Keep me filled in.