Migraines & Headaches Community
hunger and migraines
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hunger and migraines

Hi to all! Does anyone experience increased hunger before a migraine strikes. I can eat and eat non stop without feeling full, this is one of the signs i have learned that mean a migraine is coming, is anyone else have strange eraly warnings. I also have blood in the nose after a severe one.
thanks for any replies.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Wow, I am not sure if that happens to me but I am going to pay attention next time. I just know that after a headache is gone I crave carbs. Usually Cheerios and whole wheat toast. I know when a migraine is coming because I can feel a "tightening" in my head. I'm going to watch closely and see if I get hungry before.
Blank
Hi,

Yes hunger is one of the symptoms of migraine aura. Other aura symptoms include yawning, increased thirst, visual symptoms like zigzag lines, auditory symptoms like ringing in the ears etc.
http://www.headhighhypnotherapy.co.uk/migraines.htm

Nose bleeds also are a feature of severe migraines however it is important to rule out other important causes like high BP which can cause nose bleeds.

Thanks
Blank
734343_tn?1239605341
thanks for the repsonses. yes i get many other warnings but I thought that bottomless hunger was weird and fattening too! BP is great, only happens after a bad one.
thanks again.
Blank
768044_tn?1294227036
I get food cravings after a migraine has worn off completely.... and sometimes it's for the things that trigger my migraines, like cheese or chocolate!! I don't get it at all!!
Blank
Almost everytime I get a migraine, after it goes away completely, I get so hungry. When I feel like one may start or is already in progress, I can not eat anything because it will make it worse. I have to wait until it goes away before I can eat, but then I can be like a bottomless pit and everything sounds good.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...