hunger and migraines
Hi to all! Does anyone experience increased hunger before a migraine strikes. I can eat and eat non stop without feeling full, this is one of the signs i have learned that mean a migraine is coming, is anyone else have strange eraly warnings. I also have blood in the nose after a severe one.
thanks for any replies.
Wow, I am not sure if that happens to me but I am going to pay attention next time. I just know that after a headache is gone I crave carbs. Usually Cheerios and whole wheat toast. I know when a migraine is coming because I can feel a "tightening" in my head. I'm going to watch closely and see if I get hungry before.

Yes hunger is one of the symptoms of migraine aura. Other aura symptoms include yawning, increased thirst, visual symptoms like zigzag lines, auditory symptoms like ringing in the ears etc.
http://www.headhighhypnotherapy.co.uk/migraines.htm

Nose bleeds also are a feature of severe migraines however it is important to rule out other important causes like high BP which can cause nose bleeds.

thanks for the repsonses. yes i get many other warnings but I thought that bottomless hunger was weird and fattening too! BP is great, only happens after a bad one.
thanks again.
I get food cravings after a migraine has worn off completely.... and sometimes it's for the things that trigger my migraines, like cheese or chocolate!! I don't get it at all!!
Almost everytime I get a migraine, after it goes away completely, I get so hungry. When I feel like one may start or is already in progress, I can not eat anything because it will make it worse. I have to wait until it goes away before I can eat, but then I can be like a bottomless pit and everything sounds good.