i go blind out of one eye
alright so this happens actually pretty often..
randomly out of one eye ill get completely blind. its always my right eye when it happens.
when it starts to happen, ill start having tunnel vision then it goes completely white and i cant see anything at all after that for about 20 minutes and i always end up panicking because im scared it'll stay that way.
after its done i get a complete headache, and it'll hurt for the rest of the day.
the other day it happened for about 40 minutes this time.. and my doctors on vacation so i cant go see her at the moment.
i really dont know what this is and im getting a bit worried.
does anybody know what this is?
You may be having what is referred to as an optical migraine.  But, you need to see your GP to rule out other problems.  He/she will probably order a c-scan or mri of your brain to make sure you do not have any thing else going on.  Once that is ruled out, my sister and I both have optical migraines.  She has ones like what you described.  The best thing we have found is to take extra strength aspirin ASAP.  For me, if I catch it soon enough I avoid the typical migraine afterwards.  I found awhile ago some Bayer Aspirin that was in a crystal form that you take without water, and it works in about 5 minutes.  It also has caffine which is also in excedrin.  But first - GET TO YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE NEVER  HAD THIS CHECKED OUT BEFORE!