Migraines & Headaches Community
i keep getting headaches and funny sensations in my head and need some ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

i keep getting headaches and funny sensations in my head and need some advice please.

For the past few weeks im getting headaches and head pain all the time, it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like its behind my right eye.  Sometimes im also getting like a water running sensation in my head and sometimes im getting what i can only discribe as dots or little beams of light run through my eyes when i look up which i think can be caused by blood pressure and when that happens i sit down. Other times i just see a blured dot formation appear as i look around for a few minutes.
I have had no trauma to cause this and its making me very tired and worried.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thank you
Has a doctor diagnosed you with migraines yet?

This sounds exactly like some of my migraine sympoms. Migraines can be accompanied by a range of visual problems or neurological symptoms.

You should see a doctor about this and tell them about the symptoms you are experiencing.
my dr litrally just suggested pain killers... which to add are not working... im having terrible trouble sleeping now too :(
These breathing techniques will help ease the symptoms and give you better sleep. Start doing now and you will feel the difference in a few days.If you feel no difference in 8 weeks, then seek medical help.Drink warm water.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Wow. Hate to say this but sounds like you need to visit a different doctor. You doctor should be making efforts to determine the cause of the pain and the symptoms, not just treating the pain.

Same with the sleeping, it would be great if you could do something to help you sleep better, but you MUST persevere and continue to make efforts to find the root cause of all of this. Hang in there!

It took a while for me to figure it all out. For the first year, I went to the eye doctor (because of my headaches and visual problems) and had glasses prescribed. When I found that wearing glasses didn't do the trick, then I assumed it was sinus pain, and started taking sinus meds. When that didn't help (and I started to see worse spots in my eyes) and my headaches started to get worse, I paid a visit to the doctor. I was finally diagnosed with migraines, but still have to manage my health carefully and learn how to prevent them. I now see a neurologist.

Again, whatever it is that is causing you trouble, keep pursuing advice from doctors until you get the answers you need. Seek opinions from several doctors if you have to. Your time and money will be worth it if these headaches and visual problems are disrupting your life.