imitrex and maxalt
does either imitrex or maxalt contain caffeine?  I was taking Maxalt for migraines and it worked great!  Now my insurance has decided I need to try Imitrex before they will approve coverage for the Maxalt.  The Imitrex took about 2 hours to have any effect, but eventually my headache subsided.  Since then I have had recurring headaches for 4 days.  These are similar to but not quite as painful as headaches I get from consuming too much caffeine (my caffeine tolerance is very low - a chocolate bar eaten over a 3 day period can cause extreme pain).  So I am wondering if imitrex contains caffeine.
Also, I am experiencing light flashes.  It is like a light bulb flickering back forth between bright and dim.

Any input would be helpful.
No, if it is the branded version of Imitrex with no additional additives.  There could be some other variants that include NSAIDS but you should double check with your Doctor as to which version was prescribed.

I agree Maxalt seems to be the better drug especially the MLT version as it gets into the blood stream much quicker.  If after  few more tries with Imitrex you don't find relief, ask your Doctor for a letter stating you failed to obtain relief with Imitrex and request that your prescription carrier allow you to continue with Maxalt.  That should help you.
Try the imatrex subcutaneous injections they are fast acting, non of the fillers and crap I suspect the pills have and it sounds like your insurance is worried about the cost of maxalt, well they will crap when they have to put out for the injections and in my 25 years of my living hell, they are the best, hands down, fit for god himself.