Migraines & Headaches Community
is it TEMPORAL ARTERITIS?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

is it TEMPORAL ARTERITIS?

hello,,ive started to have this one sided headaches 6 monthes ago with the back of my left eye pain,,2 monthes later the pain shifted to the right side also included the right eye as well..i saw an opthalmolgiest who checked n said that i may not wearing my glasses regulary " which is not ture" ,,now i feel like all my head is on fire,headaches all the time,blurred vision from time to time, eye pain and redness, swelled and sensetive temples,forehead and scalp,,i went to a neurolgiest for the swelling forehead and he suggested that i have some kind of polymyositis " my ESR was 60 and CK was 250" and he put me on prednisone 20 mg daily..i month later my ESR was 30 BUT THE HEADACHES AND EYE PAIN IS STILL THERE!!! could it be TEMPORAL ARTERITIS?? iam only 24 though. what should i do? i feel like i have an injury in my both temples and eyebrows, and the eye pain is getting worth..PLEASE HELP ME DOCTOR.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Temporal arteritis   presents  with a boring, burning, or jabbing pain caused by inflammation of the temporal arteries. Pain is usually felt around the ear, especially during chewing. Weight loss, eyesight problems can also be observed. This rarely affects people under 50. This is usually confirmed by biopsy.  You may need to have further evaluation especially if the medications are not helping. Take care and do keep us posted.