knot above my temple
Hi. I am really worried about a knot I have by my temple. It has been there for a couple of months. It goes from being in my temple and sometimes it is behind my ear. Or anywhere inbetween. It also changes in size and shape. I have had bad headaches for 8yrs now but this is a different kind of headache coming from this and when I press on the knot, it seems to relieve the headache. I talked to my Dr about it and he gave me meds to see if was an infection. After taking them it hasnt changed at all. I went back to see him and he was rushing that day so he said we will discuss it next month when I go back. He told me prior to that , that if the meds didnt help then it would be reason for concern and would refer me. I'm really nervous about this. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi there,
Any lump should be examined by a doctor. The cause can be allergic,inflammatory,infectious and very rarely malignnant.The following medical conditions are some of the causes of temple lump like sebaceous cyst,dermoid cyst, neurofibromatosis or any malignancy .A dermoid cyst is a benign cystic tumor often containing skin, hair, and other tissues. A sebaceous cyst is a cyst which forms in the epidermis, is noncancerous, and is generally not a serious condition. The exact cause can be determined only after a clinical examination. Headaches can be due to many causes like migraines, cluster headaches; tension headaches etc.You will need a thorough evaluation and CT scan for the swelling and head for detecting the cause of your symptoms. See a neurologist. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best wishes and regards!
Thank you. I appreciate you taking time to respond. I will make an appt. Asap to have a different doctor to examine me.