lost and out of ideas ms like symptoms
First off i understand this is not to be used as a replacement for proper medical attention but i am in search of any additional guidance. This all started last april (2012) my wife had some issues said her legs felt heavy like she was walking through water or something and her sence of touch on entire right side was muffled like being touched through a thick sweater and she was getting a pretty severe burning in her head also on right side. these issues took us to the er she was admitted for 7 days while in er she lost complete function of her right leg which slowly returned within a day. they did mri ct lumbar and i believe the other test was an eeg where they shocked her hand and foot to test the nerves. they found nothing and ruled out ms stroke and all the big ones. They said it could be complex migraines and medicated her and sent her home. things got worse from there. So we left there and got in to see a neuro from the cleveland clinic he had her do evoked potentials and also found nothing. he asked her to quit taking the topamax they put her on for the headaches and see how she feels she did and she improved alot but was back to numbness and tingling on right side and weakness. she felt like the dr didnt believe her and got frustrated and quit goin to him the pain was mostly gone so she dealt with it until something else happens. in november she started having pains on right side again and lost use of her leg for a couple days we were admitted 3 days same tests still nothing got 2 more appointments in cleveland end of january. last week she started getting these head pains on right side they hunch her over they seem to last about 30 sec or so and she says they feel like sharp pains and is now getting the hot head again we went back to er and they did a cat scan and said they see no problems and told her to follow up with a neuro. she and i are really scared and dont know what to do any opinion would be greatly appreciated thanks
Hi Jeremy,

I was told that complex migraines with stroke-like symptoms were the cause of a myriad of neuro symptoms I had off and on for several weeks at a time this past year. Things like left foot drop, left leg weakness, difficulty swallowing, buzzing in my chest, tingling in different places, etc.

I still get nervous when I have episodes of dizziness bc I I dont want to ever go through that again.

Can you guys call your doc at the Cleveland clinic for a follow up appointment?

While your trying to help your wife, rememeber to take care of yourself as well. Being the caregiver can cause so much stress that fatigue and anxiety become your new best friends.

Wishing your wife finds relief soon. Take good care!

Midijane