Migraines & Headaches Community
lump under scalp????

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

lump under scalp????

I have this soft jelly like lump under my scalp and it causes lightheadedness and pain when I touch it too much, it is about the size of a small cookie. I can't find any info on it and I can't afford to go to the doc unnecessarily. Does anyone know what this might be? I haven't hit my head and there is no sign of bug bite or anything for that matter. Can anyone help?
Tags: scalp
Avatar dr f tn
What other symptoms are present and how long have you been experiencing the lump? The lump cold be due to inflammation, infection or cysts such as sebacious cyst.  Warm compress and anti-inflammatory medications may help provide relief.  However, if it persists or additional symptoms arise, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.  
I noticed the lump about 3 weeks ago and I have never had a cyst before and I have been taking anti-inflammatories for over 3yrs. The lump started out about the size of a 50 cent piece and its soft and if I touch it too much it causes severe headaches that start at the spot the lump is in. It has spread across the back of my head, but I can't afford a doctor. Should I be worried?