Migraines & Headaches Community
migraine for last 38 years

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

migraine for last 38 years

Sir,
I am a teacher in profession.  I have headache since 18 years of age. Now 51 years. Consulted and treated by experts of all branches of med. Pain starts in the morning.  Without painkillers, it may not subsides. Scanning was done. no abnormalities.
Please help
Pranjit
Tags: Headache
thats a REALLY long time to have a headache. do you wake up with it? or does it start after you wake up? what meds do you take?
To to get relief from headache/migraine naturally, the full pranayam exercises are described below.Come back to report your progress.
Initially do Anulom Vilom (as much as you can) for the fist few days and then start the full set of pranayam.This works gradually, so allow time (1 week upto 12 weeks) and concentrate fully on the breathing. Avoid cold drinks and drink warm water.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times
thanks
How much Stress are you under? I had migraines when my parents split for several years. I didnt know I was repressing my emotions to the point they were causing me physical harm. Its an option to consider, as it seems all else has failed to really help.

look at where you live as well and if you've any allergies. Pollution can do this to you as well. So can dust.

You might try centering if you haven't already. Its not a cure for it but it helps restore you mentally and physically.

Im sure youve explored many options most would think to offer by this point. Some say Acupuncture can help. also they have something called Myofascial Release. Which for me Works. http://www.myofascialrelease.com/fascia_massage/public/default.asp

theres a link to the site. Maybe it will prove useful where others have only disappointed.