migraine trigger?
I was recently diagnosed with hemicrania continua. migraine/cluster mix. I started with a cluster headache cycle back in dec 09 which eventually turned into more migraine feeling on the same side of the cluster's (right side) I mostly get this nawing feeling in my neck almost like a know which will continue up the side of my head to the temple! I know that when I lay down with my head and necktilted a bit too forward i start getting this headache. I also wake up from my sleep with a migraine often. I was at my specialist today and I am getting a cervical mri tomorrow. I believe it something with my neck that triggering my headache! Any input would be great!
thanks
hope all are well!!
anthony
How was your cervical MRI? Indeed, pain at the back of head or neck that intensifies on movement is caused by inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. This may be concomitant with your diagnosis of hemicrania continua. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care!
Hello Dr Santos
Thank u so much for your expertise! my headache specialist when I went to see him the other day I had the images of the cervical mri he said he didnt see too much in the images to be alarmed,but he is waiting on the tech's written report of the mri so we will see and i will keep u posted! I also got 4 opcipital nerve block injections on tues and i havent has a headache ! :) :) So it worked for me and will keep u posted on that too! I am having a lower lumbar mri on sunday to check out why my left thigh gets pin and needles and a numb ,electical feeling when i stand too much or lay parallel unfortunately for headaches it takes alot of process of elimination to try to get to the bottom of it! Also just when i learned how to control the "cluster headaches from dec 09 till aprilish and thats when i had a contstant "shadow" uncomfortable feeling on my right side of my head (cluster side) that is when I was diagnosed with hermicrania continua so kind of a double whammy :( My head has not felt "normal" since dec and this type of headache I wil take over "cluster headache's any day,but would be great to have my head back :(! WEll i am doing all i can to try to beat this beast and have a great
specialist here in south florida Dr Wheeler and for that I am grateful! Along with your input I feel WE could get to the bottom of this! Thanx again for all your expert input and look forward to your responses always!!
bless you
Anthony
Hi Tony,
It is great to hear that the occipital nerve block injections worked and you are now feeling fine.  With the cervical MRI also unremarkable and a very supportive attending physician,  you can surely beat this. Always stay positive and hope to hear more updates from you. Take care and keep us posted with the Lumbar MRI. Try to rest and avoid physical activity and too much lifting.  Wishing you good health always.