Migraines & Headaches Community
migraines and corsets
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

migraines and corsets

I've had terrible posture all my life. My docs have nagged, my mom has nagged, I did my best, but it HURT to sit/stand up straight. It made my migraines actively worse. So I've continued to slouch. Then a week ago I was at the Renaissance Festival, and bought an authentic overbust corset for fun. I did terrificly for the rest of the day, which pleased me.

A couple days later, I laced up my corset again to take some pictures of it to share with my friends, and the oddest thing happened: my migraine decreased in intensity. Weird, no? I took the pictures, and then took off the corset, and my pain went back up. Wha? So I put it on again and my pain went down again. Several tries later, I decided to try wearing my corset for a day. My pain was really at a good level and my posture was incredibly awesome from the boning in the corset.

The corset gives me a mild wasp figure as I don't lace it completely closed. However, I find myself breathing with the UPPER part of my lungs more than the lower parts like I usually do. (According to one of my docs it's important to breathe from the upper lungs down.) This is now day 3 of me wearing my corset, and I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER. My pain reached a 5/10 yesterday, which is the lowest it's been in years.

I've shown my chiropractor my corset, and explained how it's helping and he's at a total loss as to why it's working like this. My acupuncturist said it might have something to do with blood flow, but I don't really know. Then today, I tried sitting up straight without my corset on, and my migraine increased. So it's something about the corset itself that's helping.

Any ideas why this is  working?