Migraines & Headaches Community
migraines and ear pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

migraines and ear pain

i get pains in my head and im almost positive its from my left ear cause my ear has been having n off and on again pain in it for about 4 years and when the doctors look iin it they siad they see nothing wrong? I dont understand cause i have this pain in my ear and these headaches and i know something is going on but i dont know what? should i go to an ent? Is it maybe a inner ear problem? The only thing i remember the dovtor saying is i had a couple inner scars that could be causing the pain im having but i think otherwise? can somebody help???
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Ear pain and discomfort may be due to ear problems or from a different area.  This "referred pain" can come from jaw joint, tonsillitis, cervical spine disease or even sinusitis.  If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. A referral to an ENT doctor may be warranted depending on the clinical examination of the ear and other head and neck areas. Take care and do keep us posted.