migraines with numbness
I have all the above symptoms...numbness and tingling after a bad migraine.  But how long does all of yours last?  My pain went away after a days or so but a week later I still have the numbness and tingling....very scary.  I have had an MRI and it was normal.
How are you? It is good that your MRI was fine. One type of migraine is called hemiplegic migraine. This presents with pins-and-needles feeling, numbness on one side of the body ( which can include your arm, leg, and/or one side of the face), weakness or paralysis on one side of the body, loss of balance and coordination, dizziness, nausea and vomiting and sensitivity to light, sound, and smell. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
thanks you DR., I am finally better!  The symptoms lasted about 10 days, though!  I am due to see the MD again soon, so I will tell him about it.  I thought hemiplegic migraine was rare, though?  It sounds like that is what I have.  Is it dangerous or can it be?  It is very scary.
How are you? Good to hear you're finally better! Hemiplegic migraines is indeed severe and a rare type of migraine. Researchers have now identified three genes linked with this condition and most people with hemiplegic migraine have inherited the gene mutation from one parent who also had the condition. Check with your doctor for a full evaluation.  Aside from imaging and blood tests, genetic testing may also be done. Try not to worry since this condition can also be managed with preventive and acute medications. Take care and do keep us posted.
I suffer from migraines too. I can get mine close together and sometimes i don't have them for months. When i get them i generally get 4 or 5 over as many days with blind spots and dizziness. I was prescribed Zomig by my doctor and it works wonders if you take it as soon as you notice the migraine. Otherwise I usually take strong pain tablets with a relaxant and try to get some sleep.