mra testing
Would a MRA of the circle of willis without contrast show if I had a brain tumor anywhere? My mom has metastic melanoma and I am extremely paranoid abot getting cancer. I have had migraines for years, just had this ype of mra done last year and I wanted to know if a brain tumor would show up in this test. Thank You!

Thanks for writing in.
MRA or magnetic resonance arteriogram is useful for measuring blood flow in the cerebral blood vessels and it will not be useful for diagnosing brain tumors. An MRI of brain will help in diagnosing the presence of brain tumor.
However I would advise you to relax and not to worry unnecessarily as you do not have any neurological symptom which would suggest the possibility of brain tumors.
Take care!
HI,
I am scheduled to have a MRA and I recently saw an infomercial from attorneys that there is a potential disease related with having an MRA.  Is this true?