Migraines & Headaches Community
nape pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

nape pain

my wife suffers from nape pain once in a while. consult with doctors often comes out as migrain or stress. This is often associated with blurring of vission on the left eye and sometimes even both. The pain extends sometimes to shoulders and the lower back. The pain is often not relieved by pain relievers like mefenamic acid, naproxen,ibuprofen and the like. Sometimes the pain can be so severe that it is accompanied by nausea/vomiting and headache. Please advise us on the possible diagnosis and management. thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your wife? Were there imaging studies done like x-ray or Ct scan of the head and neck? Her symptoms, indeed, are associated with migraine headache and its aura symptoms: nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Also, pain at the back of head or neck that intensifies on movement may also be caused by inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. Anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants may help. Check with her doctor for proper management. Stronger prescription medications may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
good day! im experiencing dizziness everytime i stand up from sleeping or lying down in my bed. Sometimes I feel that my surroundings are spinning. Sometimes my nape feels numb or ache. But when I lay down, I didn't feel dizziness anymore and even the numbness of my nape. What do you think is my problem? By the way I'm wearing eyeglasses (my eyegrade are 350 and 500) and sometimes I feel that my visions getting blurred. Hope for your quick response. Thankyou.

-Jezz
I feel all the same with Noel8287's wife. Nape ache, blurring vision, nausea and vomiting. I know i have migraine but this time its not the usual way. Whenever i feel im having migraine my nape doest not pain but this time i feel the pain on my nape down to the back of my shoulders. I not tried drinking any medicine since i feel this and its been 3 to 4 days. Help please.