Migraines & Headaches Community
ocular migraine?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

ocular migraine?

I have had migraines for the last 10 yrs.  2 yrs ago I woke up with one pupil fully dilated.  I was rushed to the hospital and after CAT and MRIs were done, was told thankfully that they found nothing and sent me for follow up with an opthomologist.  He said I had an ocular Migraine, even though I had no headache.  My pupil stayed large for 3 days.  

Last week I had the same thing happen.  However I went to my regular doctor who sent me for an MRI and then when the negative results came in, sent me to a different opthomologist.  He said that ocular migraines are very very rare andI most likely I had gotten makeup or perfume in my eye...but if it happens again to call and come in.  I hardly ever wear makeup and had not for at least 3 days before this happened and I never wear perfume..ever!  

Is there something else that the opthomologist should should be looking for?  Should I be seeing a neurologist instead?  I don't like not knowing what is going on.
Avatar n tn
Did you have any other ocular symptoms like bright scintillating lights, shimmering zig zag lines?For ocular migraine the best doctor to consult is an opthalmologist. Just watch out for these attacks, if they recur frequently then it is quite possible these are ocular migraine attacks.