one of my twin
one of my twin (8yrs) is having a terrible headaches. Lately is getting worse and worse his doctor made a CT Head . and it was abnormal.
They Found and enlarged cisterna magna
There is a cavum septum pellucidumm en verge
There is low attenuation high in the convexity on the left side porteriorly that may represent an area of encephalomalacia
An about 2 weeks is going to get an MRI. Also they going to use general anesthesia .
A\\\\

When he gets these headaches he scream so loud ans them he vomiting and the he get so tired he go to sleep for about 30 min. or until he feels better .
Please tell meyou opinion . One other thing my twins was premature 32 weeks twins A was 5pounds 8 ounces Twins B was 4 (9)
I really appreciate your opinion Thank You

Congenital structural anomalies need to be ruled out here. The presence of enlarged cisterna magna may suggest increased intracranial pressure secondary to structural abnormalities.Encephalomalacia refers to softening of the brain tissues due to an underlying intracranial problem. It is best that your son will undergo further evaluation. An MRI will be able to evaluate any soft tissue involvement, the presence of inflammation and congenital malformation of brain or meninges.

These are just differentials.Continue to reassure your son. As much as possible keep an open communication wth his physicians. Monitor any changes in his condition.For any concerns , do not hesitate to discuss these with his neurologists.I know this is a hard time for all of you and I feel that  added tension and anxiety may also be felt by your son. Just keep a positive attitude for him.

Keep us posted.
Thank You for your response. But can you be more especific. Can you please talk to me in simple english.
Thank You for your response. But can you be more especific. Can you please talk to me in simple english. And What is causing this?

The enlarged cisterna magna( a large anatomic cavity at the base of the brain ) may be due to an increased pressure within the brain that may be due to some structural abnormalities. Encephalomalacia refers to softening of brain tissue and this has several causes. These findings are nonspecific which means that an enlarged cisterna magna for instance does not necessarily tell you the specific underlying disease.This is true as well of  the encephalomalacia.These are medical terms used to describe a certain finding or condition but are not in themselves a disease entity.Its presence will guide the  physicians on where to focus with regards to next step of management.At this point, it will be hard to ascertain what underlying condition may cause this.You have mentioned that you your twins were born prematurely.This history may be significant. I know you are deeply concerned .The MRI will be able to offer more answers since an MRI scan is more superior than CT in defining soft tissue and inflammatory involvement when present.

I really hope this helps.
Thank you very much. I will keep you inform.
Examination:  MRI HEAD W& W/O Contrast
Results: Clinical History Increasing headaches

Technique:  Multiple pulse sequences were performed on the MRI scanner of the brain. Pulse sequences were performed in the sagittal, axial and coronal planes using T1 Weighting, Flair weighting, T2 weighting, and diffusion weighting imaging. Post-Gadolinium contrast enhanced T1 weighted imaging was performed in the axial and coronal planes after the intravenous administration of gadolinium agent.

Finding:  There is an oval CSF density structure over the left porterior parietal cortex measuring 3.3 cm is long oblique axis by approximately 16 mm in short oblique axis. This may represent a small arachonoid cyst. This is extra-axial in location. No enhancement is seen along the periphery. No nodule. No hemorrhage.

The ventricles are normal in size, position and contour. There is no mass or shift. The lateral ventricles are slightly prominent. The fourth ventricle is midline. There is a cisterna magna. There is flow within the carotid and basilar arteries indicating patency. Sella turcica normal in size. Clivus intact. Craniocervical junction is unremarkable. No Chiari type situation is detected.

Following infusion of intravenous Gadolinium DTPA, no abnormal area of enhancement is seen.

Impression:
1. Cisterna Magna
2.  Elliptical CSF structure high over the left posterior parietal convexity. This may represent small arachnoid cyst. There is no mass effect or enhancements. This may represent an incidental finding. Please correlate with patient’s clinical situation

Please let me know your opinion thank you
When  my son was born, 1964, there were two bags of water.  My son had Migraine headaches, starting by age two or three.  No cause has been found. He has depression at times.  He has symptoms of BiPolar. .He has in the past taken  many drugs to relieve headaches.  No cause ever found. He recently seems to be getting a little worse.
... Ok, could the single twin thing cause any of these symptoms?