oral re-hydration salts
hi,

i have used oral re-hydration salts whenever i have Migraines & Headaches. it works effectively most of the times.
i am just wondering is there any side effects of these salts if i'm using it for the long run?
I have never heard of those. What are they and how do they work? Where do you get them?
it is a mixture of salts in powder form to be mix in water. it is most commonly used to replace body fluid for diarrhea patients.
I should try that, after a long migraine I'm soooooo thirsty.  If I have Gatorade or something similar It quenches that thirst more quickly from the electrolights (spelling?).  However I usually don't and I'm in no mood to go shopping so I drink what seems like an ocean of water, juice, tea, ect.  I can't imagine that long term use of a salt packet would be harmful, but I'm not a doctor.
Anyone?
I do not know why they would be a problem unless someone had a kidney or other problem that was affected by something such as salt.

I do know that dehydration can bring on a migraine and other headaches.  So, I would think that if someone is dehydrated and excessively thirsty after intense vomiting or diarrhe that the salts would sometimes be beneficial.

I have found that drinking something immediately when I get the sensation that my head is foggy and a migraine might start actually can help lessen a migraine.

I am not a doctor, however.  I would ask your physician, because he knows your health and lab results.