Migraines & Headaches Community
pain above left ear

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

pain above left ear

First my med. history ;
failed surgery for pituitary tumor removel (removal) in 8/07 because right carotid artery was nipped and occluded. Tumor was not removed. right eye 6th nerve palsy as result. Last MRI in March 08. Tumor has not grown since 07.
since last 2 weeks I have on and off pain on left side of head, in ear, in back of head or front but mostly on side. Could the tumor cost the pain or something else ?

Please help !
Manuela
Hello Dear,
You consult your neurologist and gi in for  MRI to know the pathology at present.You pain could be a referred pain  dueto nerve palsy .unless any investigations are done the cause cannot be known.You should get it evaluated.
Best

Hello Doc. I m experiencing pain above left ear just the point where we put the spectacle support. Due to that there is sound coning whenever i turn my head from lower left to higher right side and whenever i say something and make noises through mouth BY FORCE. The sound is like 'TAK' like something is banging to another thing. Also my eardrums are move a little backwards to their real places. How did this happen? Also tell me this. I have been pushing the mastoid process bone which is just below the ear hole because of itching that i usually faces at my ears due to tinnitus. Is this the reason why my eardrums moved backwards? This also experiencing me pain in my ears. Kindly help. I m worried. u can also mail me your answers at pranav.***@****