Migraines & Headaches Community
pain in occipital lobe

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

pain in occipital lobe

I m 38 year old female having hyppo thyroidism and taking thyroxyn 100 mcg .Having severe pain in a occipital lobe since 15 days. My eyesight is normal , having vomiting sensation, blood pressure is 120/90 approx having edima in ancle & in kneejoints .just wants ur suggessions .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

When you say occipital lobe, are you referring to the back of the head?

When was the last time your thyroid hormone levels been assessed? Were the results within acceptable range?

Pain at the back of the head may be due to several factors. It may be musculoskeletal in origin. Occipital neuralgia which presents with pain and tenderness at the back of the head may also be a differential.

Have you had any trauma to the head or neck before?

Were there any previous history of strenuous forms of exercises?