pituitary tumor
Do you know if a small 6x7mm pituitary tumor is big enough to cause headaches -- mostly on one side of the head and sometimes grows into a major migraine?  I have had migraines all of my life so I know what they feel like; however, these other headaches are different?  My doctor isn't sure so I am going to a pituitary specialist in Boston.  Thank you for your help.
I have headaches that started happening because of a pituitary tumor. But there are so many types of headaches and causes too.

I think that it is good that you are seeing a specialist. Size does not always matter it's more about where the tumor sits and if it is pressing on a nerve. Regardless you have a new type of headache and so it is not a far out theory that the tumor could be playing a role in it. If anything it may give information to your doctors and you about how to treat this new headaches. This might even play a role in whether you want to push to have the tumor removed or not.

There is a Brain/Pituitary tumor Community in MedHelpif you don't already know about it.
Horselip
Thank you for your answer.  I will look into the Brain/Pituitary tumor Community for infor.  Thanks again and will keep you posted.
How are you? Were you able to have this checked by the specialist? What tests were done?  Headaches indeed may be directly caused by the tumor. Aside from this, other symptoms include any of the following: lethargy, nasal drainage, nausea and vomiting, problems with the sense of smell, and visual changes. Take care and do keep us posted.
I have an appointment on 6/17 with a specialist.  And I do have trouble with smells but I thought it was because of the headache as some migraines tend to make my sense of smell more sensitive.  I also have nasal drainage on one side as well as tearing in one eye. This headache is so different that if I try to sleep on one side and my head starts hurting, I'll turn to the other side and it'll go away or get worse.  However,  I will definitely keep you posted and thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it.
HI,
Thank you for your update. It could be that primary headaches such as migraine, tension and cluster headaches are also present. Cluster headaches present with excruciating pain in vicinity of eye and associated with tearing of eye, nose congestion, or flushing of face. The pain frequently develops during sleep and may last for several hours. Discuss this with your doctor on your next appointment. Take care and best regards.
The nasal drip and tearing could be indicative of a CSF leak. Has this ever been ruled out or brought up?