post coital headache
Hi. I am a 45 year old woman and although i have had the symptoms of post coital headaches before, which do settle quickly, the one i has today was different in terms that this time the pain spread down both sides of my face - again, it did settle quickly.
Should i get this checked out.

Thanks for writing in.
Post coital headaches are also known as exertional headaches. They are sudden severe headaches which can last from few hrs up to a day.
Sometimes this type of headache can also be a warning sign of aneurismal rupture. Since you have a positive history of post coital headache this was most likely an episode of the same. However it is always better to get it checked out.
Let us know if you need any other information. Take care!

Many thanks for your advice which is much appreciated.
Although i do not have a formal diagnosis of post coital headaches it seems to fit in with the s&s of the same. I am on Amitriptyline 20mgs nocte for cluster headaches,  praxiline 100mgs nocte for leg cramps and levothyroxine 25mcgs could these be contributing to this problem?