pulsating headaches
I am 25 years old and for the past 4 days i have had a pulsating headache. It gets worse through the day but on a morning i can feel the pulsing in my temples and my head feels really heavy and i get sharp pains in the top left side of my head. Is this something i should be concerned about as i am getting worried as it does not seem to be getting any better.
How are you? Was there a previous trauma to your head or neck? Migraine headaches usually presents with  one-sided throbbing/pulsating pain and sometimes associated with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to sound and light. Rest, ice packs, pain relievers and identification of the triggers may help provide relief. There is a Headache Tracker here in Medhelp that may help. Triggers may include certain foods, hormones, excessive hunger, changes in altitude, weather, lights, and emotional stress. If it persists, have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. Take care and regards.
Hi no i have had no previous trauma to my head or neck..I have never suffered from a headache for this long and i was just concerned as it does not feel like a normal head ache. It is strange like a numbing pressure in my forehead and pulsing pain in my temples and top of my head it occurs more on the left side of my head. I don't have any sensitivity to light or sound. I was just concerned that it could be something more than a headache
How about eye problems? One type of headache that increases in severity through out the day is the sinus headaches. This can be due to an acute infection, nasal polyps, anatomical deformities, such as a deviated septum. Sometimes, migraine and cluster headaches are misdiagnosed as sinus in origin.  This type of headache can be treated with antibiotics or decongestants. However, to have more accurate diagnosis, direct clinical examination is important. Check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and best regards.