Migraines & Headaches Community
really bad headache and neck pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

really bad headache and neck pain

For almost a week now i've had a bad headache. It started out on Thursday as a dull ache that would come and go about 2/3 inches behind my ear (level with my eye). It would only last around 10-30seconds - but enough to notice it. Saturday it was a lot worse - occurring every 10/15 minutes right throughout the day and was almost unbearably sore. It was around the same all Sunday and on monday it was just as sore but not quite a frequent.

Now, Tuesday, it is still there but not quite as bad and instead i have a constant headache right through the back of my head and my neck also hurts an awful lot.

Any idea what this could be/what's causing this? I would go to the doctors but it's a local holiday here so it's shut until tomorrow.

I'm not under much stress at all at the moment and it doesn't seem to be triggered by noise/light or anything like that. Oh, and i'm an 18 yr old female.

Thanks anyway :)

There are a few possibilities that need to be looked into like allergies, sinusitis and TMJ or temporomandibular joint dysfunction.
TMJ is common in people who clench their teeth or are in the habit of chewing gum.
If you have a positive history of allergies then this could be the likely cause.
Other causes include ear infections and anxiety. You can take OTC pain killers for relief.
Keep us posted!
I have had the worst headache of my life my neck is stiff and hurts as well.i am super sensitive to light and have been exhausted. i have had some fever. I went to the ER they said my cat scan and blood work is okay I have also been on Clarithromycin for 4 days now. the doctor in the ER said last night that if im not better in a few days to come back. So far its 24 hrs later and i do not feel better at all. What can this be?