Migraines & Headaches Community
reason for migraine and alternate for migril

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

what is the reason for the migraine,how to prevent from it and what is the alternate medicine for migril in Sri Lanka  
  • Peircing Headaches (4 replies):
    For the past 4 days now ive been getting throbbing heada...[more]
  • Migraines (1 replies):
    What do others do for them?I have had them for 30 plus y...[more]
  • Migraine Pain (2 replies):
    Since last three months I am feeling pain in lift side o...[more]
  • help me (1 replies):
    the meds my neurologist gave isn't helping I need to fin...[more]
  • suggestions (1 replies):
    So I have a problem. my girlfriend was snowboarding almo...[more]
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Migraines headaches are primary headaches which means that there is no underlying medical condition and there is no history of trauma. It can be triggered by several factors such as food, weather, altitude and many others. To prevent them from happening, it is important that you identify the possible triggers of your headache. There is a headache/migraine tracker here in Medhelp that may help. Rest, ice packs and other pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help provide relief. Try to avoid using over-the-counter pain medicines because these can lead to rebound headaches. Talk to your doctor about this and determine the medication suited for you and available in your country. Take care and do keep us posted.