Migraines & Headaches Community
reply

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

reply

hi Vanessa Lacuesta,
                                  see my eyes are not red and no eye tearing is there.I feel very infrequent shooting pain down the left side of my head,only while talking over the phone more than 25 mins.please help me.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I understand you are very concerned about this. This may be cluster headaches ,a TMJ problem, a dental problem or an ear problem. It seems that this affects the left side of the head only. You have also mentioned that this takes place when you are talking over the phone. Do you use dentures? Are there other associated symptoms like jaw pain or ear discharge?

I suggest that you have this assessed by an ENT specialist first just to check any involvement of other structures like the ears , the temporomandibular (jaw joint) and the sinuses.

Have you tried taking any medications for this?
no ear discharge.no jaw pain. no  dentures used.no medications.why is this occuring?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be musculoskeletal or arthritic in origin. The likely differential I can think here may be problems with the temporomandibular joint or an ear problem. You have noted this only after using the phone. Is there also notable pain when you open your mouth eg  when you yawn? Headaches which may be one sided may also be migraine headaches. But in your case, an underlying structural or organic cause may be present such as I have mentioned a musculoskeletal  or a nerve related problem.

If there is no ear discharge or no jaw pain then a complete physical and neurologic examination are needed to establish the cause. Have you tried taking pain medications for this? If yes, was the pain relieved?
hi,
     no pain while opening mouth.not even during yawning.my mom has sinus problem.no pain medicines taken. I had taken an eye test. it is o.k.my work is related with computer.i spend  9-10hrs in front of computer ,with lunch & tiffin break of 30-50 mins. sometimes i even play games on the computer for more than 1hour after office hours ,usually at late nights around 12-1.30am.even play on weekends.my job is very hectic. i have a lot of responsbilities too.about 90% job done is  by me.
i get no time to do excercise. my boss is very complaining too.he is not satisfied with anything.i come home late from office around 10-10.30pm.go at 9-11am. i have dust& cold allergy. after all this when i talk to my boyfriend or any friend for more than 25 mins i feel this pain.
help me please.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The headache you have described which you have noted to be an infrequent shooting pain on one side of the head is actually very nonspecific. That is, it may be a migraine headache, an arthritic or musculoskeletal pain or it may be due to an underlying infectious process. I know you are anxious about this and as you have posted, you appear to be under a lot of stress lately. Spending 90% of the day in front of the computer may not be very healthy. There is exposure to radiation, back or spine problems and even anxiety or depression. Take pain medications each time the pain occurs and see if this is relieved. Apply cool compress over the area to soothe the pain. Rest and relax your eyes after each hour of computer use. Take a walk at the end of the day and during your short breaks you may opt to listen to soothing music.
thanks. i will keep in mind all these.