Migraines & Headaches Community
right jaw pain and headache in temple

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

right jaw pain and headache in temple

I was ok until I kept popping my right jaw. I had to keep popping it because if I did't pop it myself, it would do it when I least expected it and seem to cause more pain. But anyway since then I developed a headache on that side and it goes behind my eye and ear. Also my skin is very sensitive and hurts. It hurts to open my mouth to far or to rotate my jaw around. I just found out that I do have three leaky heart valves. Could these headaches be do to the jaw popping or the heart condition?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The headaches seems to be more related to the jaw popping rather than the heart valves. I suggest you seek consult with your ENT specialist so that the ears, nose ,throat sinuses and TMJ be assessed. Refrain from popping the jaw, as this may cause further injuries, swelling and irritation of nearby structures.
Thank-you for your reply. Sorry Iam getting to reply to so late. I went to my pcp and she told me to take ibproffen and hot and cold compresses for a week and if not better she wants to send me to another dr. to fit me for a jaw slint to were to bed at night. She said that this would allign my jaw again. My diagnoses was TMJ. Its been weeks now and still not better.hurts to open my mouth so far and can't bite down all the way. Anyways thanks for your advice.