Migraines & Headaches Community
same spot same pain 24/7 headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

same spot same pain 24/7 headache

I know my BP is in control (I take many meds). I am experiencing a headache in the back of my head on the left side close to but not my neck. I can put a finger on the exact spot which is always exactly the saem, it hurts 24/7 for the past 30-60 days, nothing helps, what is it? What does anyone suggest? Please help, am I crazy?
Avatar dr m tn
Hi, If nothing seems to relieve your headache, it will be better to consult a neurologist to rule out any pathology in the skull , brain or nerves.Please go for an X-ray skull, MRI and CT scan Brain to find out the exact cause. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!
These pranayam exercises will help control the headache.Build up the timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume later(after about a minute).The benefits will be noticed in days. Drink warm water. Come back to report progress.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 10 to 20 minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years -  do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.