severe headache & sweats/chills & neck/shoulder pain
I am a female age 36, uneventful health history except migraines during puberty and on bc pill ( so only took it for 3 months), healthy weight (118 lbs. at 5'4").  Exercise routinely, BP and fasting cholestorol normal less than 1 year ago. Non smoker, drink on occasion (less than 3x/wk.)   6 days ago, I had a full day of body aches, lethargy and that sensitive skin & scalp feeling.  Went to bed that night feeling like this, then woke during the night with severe head pain, chills & sweats.  I've had migraines, this was on par painwise, but actually more debilitating.  Pain was not as bad if my head was still but it was extremely painful to turn my head in either direction, cough, etc.  Pain was almost all on the top of my head.  At this time, I had no back or neck pain.  In the a.m., when I tried to get up it was excruciating, and  I felt instantly like I was going to vomit, but I didn't and haven't vomited.  I went back to bed and was okay as long as I was still.   Head pain continued for about 12 hours, especially painful if I bent down, turned my head, coughed.  Headache has slowly subsided for past 4 days, but today it is returning and now, in addition, my neck and the base of my scalp are very stiff and sore. Otherwise, I have no nausea or pain elsewhere.  Pain is again on top of my head and is beginning to radiate to behind my left eye.  I'm taking extra strength acetomenaphin, which only takes the edge off slightly.  Sodium naproxin didn't help.  We just moved and I don't have a primary care physician, I know it will take time to get in as a new patient.  Do I need to see someone right away or can I wait and see if it continues or repeats?

I suggest that you seek consult with a neurologist so that your headaches be assessed and classified. You had history of headaches before and any worsening or progression of headaches  may warrant further evaluation.

Another differential is a cervicogenic headache. Cervicogenic headaches are headaches caused by disorders of the cervical spine. A cranial CT scan and CT scan of the spine may be able to help.

It is best to have a baseline examination done.

Are there other associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting, numbness or weakness in other parts of the body?
just releases from the hospital with severe headache and neck pain with sweats, chills and some vomiting.  nothing hsowed up iin mri and cat scans.  what could be the cause.  i am 66 ears old and have not had a migraiine sine i eas in my 20s