Migraines & Headaches Community
severe headache question

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

severe headache question

what cause head pain that feels like I'm hanging upside down and all the blood is rushing to my head on a scale of 1 to 10 the pain is about a seven. I've had this since December and it seems to be progressive getting worse???
non-stop since December? if it's been non-stop since december.. have you been to the doctor? if it has been non-stop... I'd suggest going to a walk-in clinic, an Urgent Care Centre or the ER because a non-stop headache for that long is very serious and you should get medical attention for that right away.

if you have already seen a doctor... hmm, what did the doctor suggest the headache could be? what type did they suggest? migraine? tension? sinus? just curious what the doctor's opinion was?

the blood rushing to the head thing... sounds like it could be a blood pressure thing? have you had your blood pressure checked recently? i think you should get your blood pressure checked.

Thanks for writing in.
It will help us to know if you have tried taking any medications for this headache and have they given you any relief. This type of headache could be a result of high BP, Sinusitis or due to allergies. Raised intracranial pressure can also cause these type of headaches but raised ICP usually causes other symptoms as well like visual problems also.
This warrants a complete clinical evaluation at your earliest. Thanks