severe headaches after lasik
my best friend had lasik about 2 months ago and he still has severe headaches and he had nausea earlier.He says his eyes hurt if he looks at the computer screen for too long. Do you think if he wears glasses after this he'll be alright? Or will this be something long term? How long do headaches usually last for after lasik? Please let me know.  It hurts me to know that he is in pain. He was fine for a 2 weeks or so but now it has started again. He's 21.
How is your best friend? The usual side effects of Lasik surgery include dry eye syndrome, development of  permanent debilitating visual symptoms such as glare, halos, or double vision that can seriously affect night time vision. Headache is not usually observed. However, if the pain persists, he may benefit from further evaluation by his doctor or follow-up with his eye doctor for proper evalaution. Take care and do keep us posted.
My friend says he gets a bad headache and his eyes hurt when he reads or looks at a computer or tv screen for long. Otherwise its a mild headache that persists the whole day. he has seen a couple of doctors but they seem to have no solution. However my friend found someone on an online forum who had the same problems and he advised him to check for binocular vision problems. The problem is that we're not able to determine the cause of these headaches. We only know that it started post lasik.