sharp pain in head
I'm a 25 year old female whom recently started getting a lot of headachces, I would take 3 to 4 ib profin to relieve the pain which at first seemed to help but then after a while didn't, now sometimes when not having a headache I started getting very sharp pain in my head. It usually starts on the left side above my ear and runs into my temple, other times the pain is just above my neck and it 's so severe at times it brings tears to my eyes. I have experienced this pain throughout my whole head, the sharp pain comes and goes and lasts about anywhere from seconds to minutes at a time, and the pain can last up to hours on and off, nothing helps the pain at all I have even tried maltrax with absolutly no result. Just a few days ago I had gotten very dizzy for 2 days, with no sense of balance and very slow speech my bp was normal at the time of dizziness, but did not have any pain or headache during that time. I don't have insurance. I'm very fraustrated and in a lot of pain lately need help any suggestions???
How are you? Try to avoid taking too much over-the-counter pain relievers because these can lead to rebound headaches as well. Cluster Headaches present with excruciating headache that develops during sleep and may last for several hours. Attacks occur everyday for weeks then disappear for up to a year. On  the other hand, ice pick headaches presents with recurring headache several times a day. If this persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.  Imaging modalities such as CT scan or MRI may help determine the underlying cause. Check your local medical centers who have free clinics available. Take care and regards.