Migraines & Headaches Community
sharp pains all over my head for two weeks now

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have had sharp pains all over my head for two weeks now. I am not sure if its my sinisus or if its somthing bad it hurts above my eye brow and near the top of my skull then somtimes hurts at the back of my skull and on my temples. I have a bit or a sore feeling in my nose and the area around my nose were the sinisus would be but i dont have any musuc or anything i feel a bit stuffy when i get up in the mornings like im getting a cold but it goes away. Has anyone ever had this? Im freaking out it might be a brain tumor or somthing. I had similar pains two months ago and went to the doctors and he told me its tension headachs and gave me pills that look like they are for anxiety to take at night time to relax me they seemed to help but now the pain is back. I have been taking them again but nothing has been working i have had a massage to relax my muscles aswell but still nothing is working.

Please help! Starting to get really scared :(
If you had it before, I would say that you probably don't need to go to the ER to check if it could be a stroke.  If they get these strokes in time, there are little effects from them.  But if you do ever have sudden severe head pain, different from what you've had before, then you need to go to the ER.  I wouldn't think that it is from your sinuses with all the different places where it hurts.  Sinus infections only hurt in one area.  You need to go back to your doctor who can prescribe a daily preventative migraine medication.  It's unlikely to be a brain tumor since migraines are very very common, and brain tumors are very very unusual.  Your doctor may want to give you a scan just to check on things.  Don't be alarmed.  But the longer you wait, the worse it can be.  Good luck