sleep triggered migraine
Has anyone come across a migraine like this? Each time I sleep for 17 years now a migraine is triggered. I have severe temple pain, sinus swelling, achy body, numb feet, (& sometime tight lungs). I feel better in the evening before bed but as soon as I fall into sleep it starts. The deeper I sleep the worse it is. If I do not sleep or sleep in short spurts I feel a bit better. I can hardly function the first 8 hours of the day due to the pain and residual migraine symptoms. I feel as if I have tried everything..I am always seeing specialists and no one has seen a migraine like this...
Hello.

The trigger for your migraine appears to be the position itself more than sleep. In the lying down position, there is an increase return of blood in the veins. This causes a venous congestion in the head. (Cephalic venous congestion). And the supine position also causes changes in the autonomic nervous system function. These two factors are responsible for increased migraine symptoms.

You may consult your doctor and discuss this issue.

Regards
jusr bumping this up.  has anyone sen a migraine like this?