speech problem after migraine
Some brief history,   First of all I am a 38 year old man.  Two years ago I was diagnosed with status migrainosus, which is a migraine that lasts longer that 72 hours.  I have intense migraines everyday.  The first 6 months I stayed in a dark quiet room and only left to go to the doctors.  I barely ate.  I am 5'6" and at that time I weighed 100 lbs.  As time went by, through force from my roommates who couldn't take it any longer slowly watching me die, helped me to form and maintain a safe comfortable home environment and how to prepare and function away from home.  I have now gotten to the point where I am able to do alot of things, within reason, most of the time by finding some distraction.  

But however, there are really bad times when my migraines get so bad I can't move.   My roommates and I call them spikes.  Because just out of nowhere there is this unbelievable pain.  During those times I just lay where I am and at times scream and cry and one of my roommates has to give me a pain killer injection.  
Recently, I had one of these migraine spikes.  During the migraine there came a point where my cry went silent.  Just like a switch was turned off.  I couldn't hear or speak.  It went unnoticed by myself till the pain medicine started to work.  I regained my ability to hear a few moments afterwards but not speech.  I am still unable to speak and it was 2 months ago.  I can form the words, I know what I want to say just nothing comes out.  I am able to write down what I can't say.  
The doctors say they don't see anything physically wrong with my vocal cords, but I am still unable to speak.
One speech therapist said that I forgot how to speak.  I am getting a second opinion but in the meantime.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the past months. While migraine may indeed cause speech symptoms such as dysarthria or slurred speech, stuttering, and sometimes reversible aphasia or speechlessness which may be associated with hemiplegic migraines. (ref: http://www.migraine-aura.org/content/e27891/e27265/e26585/e26982/index_en.html)
If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your neurologist or have another opinion for proper evaluation and to rule out secondary causes. Imaging studies may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.