spine problems causing headache?
I just found out that the cirvical spine in C6,7,5 is in bad shape.  The ortho wants to do a spinal fusion because he said the cord is compromised and two disks have collapsed.  The doctor took a quick look at my MRI before announcing this to me and I am mortified.  I knew I was having pain in my neck and arms and hands and that my headaches were different.  
With the other problems I have listed and fought for years, I wonder if they all could be caused by this?
Anyone have an opinion?
Should I get another opinion?  I have heard so many bad things about neck surgery.
How are you?  Indeed, there are many risks for any surgical procedure such as infection, blood loss, blood clots and even stroke and heart attack. You could have another doctor's opinion to confirm the diagnosis prior to the surgical procedure. Spinal fusion or surgery to join together two bones in the spine, usually provide full or partial relief of symptoms. It may be done for spinal stenosis, injury or fractures to the bones in the spine, weak or unstable spine caused by infections or tumors, spondylolisthesis,  or abnormal curvatures. It is possible that other symptoms you experienced in the past has been directly or indirectly connected to this. Take care and do keep us posted.