strange symptoms
My name is Amber and I am 19. When I was 17, I came down with an ear infection known as "swimmers ear" ever since then I have had a balance disorder where very often, at least once a month, I get really dizzy, the side of my face that was effected by swimmers ear swells slightly and is sore to the touch, my jaw is tight and i get a migraine with an aura. Smells bother me, they are so unbearably strong that I am nauseated and cannot eat. Light and bright colors hurt my eyes...for instance, the green grass looks lime green to me and the blue sky seems so bright blue that I feel like I can't open my eyes. Things that no one can hear, bothers me. I hear electrical buzzing. I am tired and can't seem to get out of bed to do anything.
I think I might be having seizures...possibly Atonic ones.
Before "fainting" I get a knot feeling in my stomach, like my stomach is dropping...I feel dizzy and unstable, I feel like I can't swallow...I can't feel my limbs. Everything is tilted and distorted. I can hear my heart beating...Then I lose consciousness...when I regain consciousness I cannot hear and I am exhausted.
I have no medical coverage and am unemployed currently so really I'm looking for someone that might have some answers...some knowledge in my condition.
Thank you in advance.
Hi Amber,

First were u to ur PC dr?.....u may need to go and have labs done....have ur thyroid checked as well as ur vitamin B12 and D.....minerals like calcium, magnessium and potassium.

U may also still have an infection in ur system......the buzzing u hear may be tinnitus....ringing of the ears......

Have ur BP checked also.

Ur best bet is to find a clinic that will work with u......do u have a family history of ne thyroid issues...ect?

An ENT or PC dr should be able to locate the source of ur issues.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"

Thanks for posting.
There is a strong possibility that your symptoms are due to migraine. Dizziness, facial swelling, visual symptoms like kaleidoscopic vision, bright flashes, nausea, auditory symptoms like ringing in the ears and fainting are features of VertebroBasilar migraine. This requires further evaluation, please try and get a consultation with a headache specialist as you may need prescription migraine meds.
Let us know if you want any other information.