Migraines & Headaches Community
sudden head pains
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sudden head pains

Hi my name is Shanel and im 18 year old female. I recently started having sudden shooting pains on the left sime of my head. They almost feel like lightning bolts. They trigger the top front side just above my eye. The pain lasts 2-5 seconds and the pain so intense i can feel it through my left eye and my sinuses. The pain is excrutiating and happens 2-3 times a day. my sister told me i should get it checked emidiately in case its a tumor but im not sure if its neccessary.
Tags: head pain
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Shanel,
How are you? Sudden shooting pain on the head may be caused by what the International Headache Society call as Ice Pick Headache. This may present as sharp jabbing sensation, often around their eye or in the temple area. Intensity varies may  last 10 seconds or less. Medication and identifying the possible triggers may help. However, it is best that you have this evaluated further to rule out secondary causes. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Hi Rowena,
I uderstand what your saying but is there any explanation on why this is happening? This happened so suddenly over the past week and im becoming more and more tired even if i get 10 hours of sleep a day i seem to lack energy and become dizzy. Also, my vision is becoming almost blury
Blank
Majority of ice pick headaches are associated with migraines and cluster headaches.
Little is known about the cause of ice pick headaches. Some research suggests a relationship to cranial trauma, benign cranial lesions, herpes or disease of the blood vessels in the brain.But these are not conclusive and more tests are needed. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank