Migraines & Headaches Community
the headache that never ends

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

the headache that never ends

I have been suffering from chronic pain in my nose since I could talk and I am now 22.
It feels like a throbbing pain that can be mild or so bad that I can't get out of bed. I don't know what it feels like to not have it. It's not only the pain but if someone waves their hand in my face or even touches their own face it hurts. I can't wear glassed of any kind, or read for long at all which affects my university work. I can't even have professional make-up done because that would require them to touch my face.

When I was young the doctors always treated me for sinus but once i was a teenager and it never went away I had allergy tests which found nothing, I saw an ENT which also got me nowhere as there was nothing that he could see to be a problem, even the scans show that everything is normal. Then I was referred to a neurologist who believes it is a type of chronic headache and he hospitalised me and treated me for four years. He did help to relieve some pain but it never completely went away. He wants me to see another neurologist for a fresh approach but I don’t know if it is worth it. I am at my wits end, I can't keep living with this pain. Does anyone know of something like this at all?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dec 05,  2010
Help your body to fight the pain.Do this pranayam for 15 minutes, twice a day, for 21 days, and then increase to 30 minutes, twice a day.Let me know how you feel after one month.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.