throbbing headache back of head left side
I've been having these throbbing pains in the back of my head on the left side only. Started about a year ago, but they are getting stronger and last longer. I'm a graphic designer, so I do work on the computer a lot. But I've been doing this for 10+ years and these type of headaches just recently started. I don't have insurance right now, freelance worker, so I'm hoping for some ideas of how to treat/diagnose the headaches non-medically. I used to get forehead headaches all the time, but haven't in a long time. These back of the head headaches have taken over. Ugh. It feels like someone hit me in the left back of my skull with a bat. Throbbing pain that doesn't go away with rest/sleep. Could it be stress headaches or optical headaches?
How are you? The forehead headache may have been attributed to eye issues or error of refraction. On the other hand, the occipital ( back) headaches may be associated with neurological or musculoskeletal issues especially with frequent computer use. If pain and anti-inflammatory medications are not helping, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. war m compress as well as regular and frequent stretching of the muscles of the head, neck, shoulders and arms may help provide relief also. Take care and do keep us posted.
You might also tmj dysfunction (jaw joint/muscle).  My physical therapist recommends ice along w/ anti-inflammatory meds.

Also, she gave me a 2 page sheet of "posture breaks" (which you could probably find online).  I have a nice chime sound every 30 minutes (also online) that reminds me to do one of the breaks.  That has helped a lot.  In fact, I really like them!

Good luck!
I need help my left side of my head and the back of my head been hurting for the past 2 weeks I have been taking medicine for it and it goes away for like an hour and it comes back it's to the point where I feel like passing out or I feel lost I need you help please help me
I cut out all artificial sweeteners. Those were my triggers. You MUST do this. I believe that they sensitize and dilate blood vessels to the point of creating instant sensory overload be it from light or sound or movement or just touching my head against a pillow. Things significantly improved but the headaches were still a daily thing. Then I realized that my mouthwash contained a variant of saccharin(worst of all the fake sugars) in it. I stopped using it and all symptoms finally stopped.