Migraines & Headaches Community
tighness & numbness in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

tighness & numbness in head

I been feeling tightness for several days' now, I feek lightheaded, weakness, blured vision sometime. nausea, no vomitting, anxious. I went to the ER and took blood, and said all was normal. I may have some allergies, but can this be more than a regular headache, it makes me nervous. I get bad nech and shoulder, back pain. help me out here please.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? It is good that the blood test was fine. This could be due to primary headache, such as migraine or tension headache. Migraine usually presents with one-sided throbbing headache that may be associated with nausea, vomiting or sensitivity to light and sound. Tension headache, on the other hand, may present with dull pain and is associated with stress. Rest, ice pack, prescription medication and avoidance of trigger may help. There is a headache tracker here in the forum that may help. If it persists, it is best that you have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. Take care and regards.