Migraines & Headaches Community
topamax - migraine - depression

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

topamax - migraine - depression

I started taking Topamax a week ago.  I have had a constant low pressure headache since.  Also I have been experiencing odd heartbeats, night sweats, and dizziness.  Does anyone else have the same symptoms? I have high hopes that Topamax will help with my extreme daily headaches and moderate depression.
I did terrible on this drug.  It made me crazy.  A possible side effect of this drug is permanent blindness, so I don't really think it is worth the risk.  

Topamax can lower ur csf pressure. But it can also really work well as a headache preventative too. One key is to start at a very low dose and go up very slowly to minimize the side effects. I'm not saying that it is the right med for u, but to talk to ur doc. Ask about backing up and lowering the dose if u want to give it a real shot to help u.
Horselip