Migraines & Headaches Community
unbearable pain in my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

unbearable pain in my head

i dont know what it is but lately ive been getting an unbearable pain in the area behind my right ear.
it only lasts for about 2 seconds but its very frequent and sharp pain and its been over a span of the last 2/3 days.
when i push on the bone right behind my right ear the pain is immediate. i havent fallen or anything like that.
no injuries to the head. so i really dont know why or what is causing it. any help??

Severe pain behind the ear might be indicative for pathology in the ear such as an ear abscess (mastoiditis) or it may due to some pathology in the head. I would advise that you seek urgent opinion of doctor/ENT to confirm the diagnosis.

An ear abscess is usually caused by bacteria and needs immediate medical attention to avoid complications. Te symptoms include severe throbbing pain, bleeding or discharge of pus from the ear and swelling and redness in and around the ear. The treatment includes a course of antibiotics and warm compresses held against the ear to ease the discomfort.

Take care