Migraines & Headaches Community
what is the severe sharp pains in my head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Since last night I have been getting on and off severe sharp pain in the top left in my head. When the sharp pain comes, it lasts about 5 seconds er so. Because of em, its been making me have a constant headache on top of it. Iv also noticed since it started that my vision has gotten worse and Im really nauseous. What could be wrong?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? If the pain and vision progresses in severity since last night, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Although nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound and one-sided throbbing headache suggest migraine headache, it is better to have this checked to rule out the more serious causes such as aneurysm or tumor. Take care and do keep us posted.
thanks. Its still really bothering me. People have noticed my eyes being red all the time now and im really dizzie now too. More and more things just keep happening with it. The head pain is really bother some and all the other symptoms just make it worse. I asked soeone about it today and they said they are afraid that it could be a brain tumor. Brain tumors run in my family so im kinda scared.......
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thanks for the update. Brain tumors usually present with pain that progressively worsens, projectile vomiting, possible visual disturbances speech or personality changes; problems with equilibrium, gait, or coordination; and seizures. It is best that you have this checked  by your doctor for proper evaluation and to ease any worries, Imaging studies such as CT scan or MRI will help rule this out. Take care always.
Thanks for the advise :). Ill Call my doctor tomorrow.