what to do next
I get migraines about every two weeks and when I get them they last for 4 days.  Why don't medicins work and what do I do next to get rid of them when meds do not work?
I'm dealing with that right now also. I have started Botox treatments with my fingers and toes crossed. My last treatment was last Monday and it ususally takes a few days to start kicking in so anyday now is great with me! It's no fun to be in constant pain. You might look into botox. I also find that ice packs will help for short term. You could go get a shot from your doctor. That cocktail of demerol, dhe, decadron & phenergan usually completely gets rid of mine for about 2 days which is wonderful! Good luck to you!
I stopped taking migraine meds. They actually make me feel worse. My head gets tingly, and headache doesnt go away. It just changes. Have tried a few, Relpax, Excedrin. Something will work for you, you just have too find it.
When you say medicines don't work ... what medicine have you tired?  I find my Treximet to be pretty effective.  When its not I have an Imitrex to shot to use.
How are you? Status migraine may present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems. Rest, ice packs ( as mentioned above), anti-inflammatory medications and avoidance of triggers may help provide relief.  A headache journal or the headache tracker in this forum may help identify your triggers. Avoiding these triggers may also prevent recurrences. Take care and do keep us posted.
Start doing this pranayam, daily for 20 minutes, twice a day, and let me know if the migraine appears in 15 days.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.