Migraineurs Support User Group
Access to headache care is threatened in US
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
194 members

I just got an e-mail from the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy, alerting me to the below:

Access to headache care is threatened: Contact your US Representatives now
Neurologists provide specialized, coordinated, and often life-long care for patients with disabling headache disorders including migraine and chronic daily headache. Neurologists also provide comparable care for patients with other major and costly diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke, ALS, epilepsy, MS, peripheral neuropathy, fibromyalgia, and traumatic brain injury (TBI).

The recent health care reform act, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), provides incentives to encourage primary care but failed to include neurologists among the eligible health care providers. This omission could worsen the shortage of headache specialist physicians.

The Alliance for Headache Disorder Advocacy believes that this issue is vital to preserving headache patient access to neurologists. We have joined 19 other national neurology patient-oriented advocacy groups in urging Congress to resolve this problem immediately.

On Tuesday, September 21, your US House member on Capitol Hill received a letter from Congressmen Michael Burgess (R-TX) and Russ Carnahan (D-MO) asking for support on including neurology in the ACA primary care incentive.

Please contact your US Representative and ask him or her to sign the Burgess/Carnahan letter! Follow the link to send an email message to your US representative as soon as possible.

If you want to contact your Representative, Google "Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy" and you'll get their site. There you can send a letter on their Action page.
That's the last thing I need since I've barely even gotten started with the neurologist!
I hoping Obama-care will be repealed.
Worried_mama_bear commented on Symptoms I experience...
Apr 18
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Apr 17
ChitChatNine just broke up a cat fight i... Comment
Apr 17