Migraineurs Support User Group
Alternative/Holistic Medicine Suggestions?
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
198 members

Hello everybody! I'm new here and I am hopeful that joining this support group was a good idea... I've been having migraines ever since I was a kid (I'm 22 now, and my mum is also a migraineur), but they only got worse last year, when I had to deal with 3 massive attacks and almost 6 months of moderate daily pain... I've seen all kinds of doctors, from neurologists to endocrinologists and cardiologists and done all sorts of blood tests and apparently nothing's wrong with me... They've all prescribed me beta blockers, which I didn't take as I find the side effects rather disturbing. Besides, I'm not a fan of medication, especially since I have allergies to a lot of chemicals and taking any kind of drugs could cause me trouble... I've tried Homeopathy and it has definitely worked until 2 months ago when the moderate daily pain came back and for the past 2 weeks I've been feeling awful (dizzy, lightheaded and a bit nauseous at first and now I'm dealing with this odd sensation in the back of my head, like I'm sweating on the inside of the skull). Besides, sometimes when the headache subsides, I get these sudden passing sharp pain like some sort of electric shock... Has anybody else dealt with such symptoms? If so, could you suggest any alternative to drugs? I am very into holistic medicine and I'd try anything to feel better... I also have a mild anxiety disorder, so could this whole situation be just a symptom of my anxiety?    
1 Comment
hi
I suffered for twenty years then found out that it was the milk in my coffee that was doing it! My advice is to keep a food and medicine diary and work out what your triggers are. It could be something as simple as a food allegy that triggers headaches? As for that sensation that you experience in your head - I also had something like that but it turned out to be a side effect of the migraine medication that I had been taking - Zomig. I changed over to Maxalt and the sensations stopped. Hope you find out what is causing this.
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15
melimeli commented on sam
Oct 15
sam
Oct 15 by drifter0213