Migraineurs Support User Group
Basilar migraine and triptans?
About This Group:

A place for migraineurs to discuss anything and everything related to migraines. Topic suggestions: Think of this as a support group for migraineurs. Reach out to group members when ever you need support. Give your support to fellow migraineurs. You, as a migraineur yourself, probably have a wealth of knowledge to share with others. The knowledge that you have could vastly improve the quality of life for another group member. Share share share! Discuss your current acute and preventative treatment plans. Ask others about their current acute and preventative treatment plans. Discuss past acute and preventative treatment plans as well... we can always learn something from what didn't work! Discuss your own personal tips and tricks for lessening the severity of acute migraine attacks. Post about your upcoming GP or Neurologist appointments. Ask other group members questions about what to expect and suggestions on how to prepare. Update fellow group members on your progress... both on set backs (so that we can provide support, suggestions and hope!) and on successes (so that we can congratulate you and so that you can provide other group members with hope!).

Founded by marileew on September 27, 2009
194 members

Basilar migraine and triptans?

I have a tentative diagnosis of basilar migraine that got slapped on me ~7 years ago. That was before my heart condition was diagnosed, so I'm not sure if I still qualify. The thing is, I have an Rx for Zomig, (a triptan) and my mom's made me really scared of taking the Zomig for fear of cutting off blood circulation.

Does anybody else here have basilar migraines and take triptans? If not, do you have an abortive of any kind?

Thanks,

~Dame
brainless mistake, I'm on Frova, not Zomig.
Sorry, I really don't know what kind of migraines mine are, that sounds dumb...but because they come with the seizures I am not sure.  I am on Zomig, but I do not have a heart condition.  Wish I could be more help........I will let you know if I find info on this.
Feel better,
Tracy
I have a heart condition/autonomic disorder as well. I think I'll just bring it up with my neuro when I see him in a couple of weeks.
But thanks for trying!

~Dame
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
ChitChatNine just broke up a cat fight i... Comment
drifter0213 commented on Infiltrated Fistula
Apr 12